1. Geßner C et al. Once-Daily QVA149 Demonstrates Superior Improvements in Lung Function Compared to Tiotropium plus Formoterol: The QUANTIFY Study. [ATS abstract # 50961; Thematic Poster Session D44; Date: May 21, 2014 Time: 8:15 AM-4:30 PM].
2. Korn S et al. Once-Daily QVA149 Improves Dyspnea, Quality of Life and Reduces the Rate of Exacerbations Compared to Tiotropium Plus Formoterol in COPD Patients: The QUANTIFY Study. [ATS abstract # 50965; Thematic Poster Session D44; Date: May 21, 2014 Time: 8:15 AM-4:30 PM].
3. Global Alliance Against Chronic Respiratory Diseases (GARD). Global surveillance, prevention and control of chronic respiratory diseases: a comprehensive approach. Available at: http://www.who.int/gard/publications/GARD_Manual/en/. [Accessed 13 May 2014].
4. Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Updated 2014. http://www.goldcopd.org/uploads/users/files/GOLD_Report2014_Feb07.pdf. [Accessed 13 May 2014].
5. Fletcher MJ et al. COPD Uncovered: An International survey on the impact of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) on a working age population. BMC Public Health 2011;11:612.
6. daCosta M et al. The burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among employed adults. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2012;7:211-219. Published online 2012 March 19. doi: 10.2147/COPD.S29280. [Accessed 13 May 2014].
7. Bryant et al. Improving medication adherence in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review. Respiratory Research 2013;14:109. Available at: http://respiratory-research.com/content/pdf/1465-9921-14-109.pdf. [Accessed 13 May 2014].
8. Chrystyn H et al. Impact of patients' satisfaction with their inhalers on treatment compliance and health status in COPD. Respir Med 2014;108(2):358-65.
9. Pavkov et al. Characteristics of a capsule based dry powder inhaler for the delivery of indacaterol. CMRO 2010;26; 11:2527-2533. doi:10.1185/03007995.2010.518916. [Accessed 13 May 2014].
10. EMA. 2012. Ultibro Breezhaler EU Summary of Product Characteristics. [Online] 3 October 2013. Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR__Product_Information/human/002679/WC500151255.pdf [Accessed 13 May 2014].
11. Vogelmeier C et al. Once-daily QVA149 provides clinically meaningful improvements in lung function and clinical outcomes versus placebo, indacaterol, glycopyrronium, tiotropium and salmeterol/fluticasone in patients with COPD. [ATS abstract 40759; Session C45; Date: May 21, 2013 Time: 8:15 -10:45].
12. Vogelmeier C et al. Once-daily QVA149 provides clinically meaningful improvements in lung function and clinical outcomes. [ERS abstract 851178; Session 82; Date: September 8, 2013 Time: 12:50-14:40].
13. Banerji D et al. Dual bronchodilation with once-daily QVA149 improves dyspnea and health status and reduces symptoms and rescue medication use in patients with COPD: the IGNITE trials. [ERS abstract 851388; Session 346; Date: September 10 2013 Time: 8:30-10:30].
14. Joshi A et al. Symptom burden in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cancer. Curr Opin Pulm Med 2012;18:97-103.