Tokyo – London, 31 March 2006 – Sosei Co. Ltd. [4565, Tokyo Stock Exchange, MOTHERS index] is pleased to announce the following new appointments and changes effective as below.
Effective as of 1 April 2006 Yoshiyuki YAMAKAWA Appointed as Representative Executive Officer, Executive Vice President and CFO, Head of Japanese Operations (Previously Representative Executive Officer, Executive Vice President and CFO, Head of Administration)
Hiroyuki HANADA Appointed as Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, Special Assignment by CEO (Previously Executive Officer, Executive Vice President, R&D)
Effective as of 3 April 2006 Julian GILBERT, Ph.D. Appointed as Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer (Previously Group Director, Commercial and Strategic Development)
Robin BANNISTER, Ph.D. Appointed as Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, Managing Director of Arakis (Previously Managing Director of Arakis)
- end -
Notes to editors
Julian GILBERT, Ph.D.
Julian Gilbert co-founded Arakis in March 2000 and served as Commercial Director of Arakis and then Sosei Group Director in charge of Commercial and Strategic Development.
- Former Commercial Development Director & Executive Director, PolyMASC - Chiroscience Group plc, various positions including Head of Licensing and was concurrently a Project Leader of a number of research and development projects
- Formerly responsible for drug delivery business development at Mundipharma International and BTG
- Worked in formulation development at SmithKline Beecham
- Studied pharmacy and achieved a Ph.D. in pharmaceutics from the University of Nottingham
Robin BANNISTER, Ph.D.
Robin Bannister co-founded Arakis in March 2000 and served as Research & Development Director and then Managing Director of Arakis.
- Former Director of Preclinical Development at Celltech and at Chiroscience
- Former Senior Synthetic Chemist, SmithKline Beecham
- Studied first degree in chemistry whilst working at SmithKline and then Ph.D. in organic chemistry at Imperial College, London